Municipal Worker 2 - Landfill
|Open Date||May 10 2019 - 01:06:00 PM||Close Date||May 17 2019 - 11:59:00 PM|
|Position Title||Municipal Worker 2 - Landfill||Posting Type||Full-Time|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Continuing|
|Department Group||Operations||Hours per Week||N/A|
|Location||Landfill, 40 Avenue|
|Salary Range||Band 3: $24.32 - $ 26.73 per hour (Subject to CUPE 1015 Agreement)|
Reporting to the Supervisor, Landfill, the Municipal Worker 2 will provide knowledge to customers on how to properly dispose of their waste, give assistance to run the Landfill smoothly, and maintain a safe environment in the Landfill’s day to day operations.
Specific duties include:
- Provide direction for incoming traffic to designated disposal areas.
- Screen incoming landfill materials.
- Monitor the leachate and storm pond levels.
- Conduct site inspections and maintenance including: litter collection and facility housekeeping.
- Update landfill signage for designated disposal areas.
- Manage the recycling area for content of disposal materials.
- Complete work-related documents and records.
- Conduct sampling for analytical testing for the leachate, storm pond and sump waste site.
- Provide coverage to the gate attendant and equipment operator.
- Assist supervisor during Household Hazardous Waste Round-Up and Pitch-in week events.
- Other related duties as required.
This position requires shift work.
Summer Schedule: nine days on, five days off.
Winter Schedule: ten days on, four days off.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Must possess and maintain a valid Class 5 Vehicle Operator's License (registered in Alberta or Saskatchewan) with a clear driving record.
- Ability to operate hand and power tools in accordance with applicable safety standards.
- Computer literacy and heavy equipment operating experience would be considered an asset.
- The ability to lift up to 15 kg (33 lbs).
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Effective communication skills (written and oral).
- Prior customer service skills would be considered an asset.
- Proof of qualifications may be required.
Offer will be contingent on receipt of a satisfactory criminal record check.