Volunteer Assessment Review Board Member (ARB)
|Open Date||Oct 25 2019 - 11:37:00 AM||Close Date||Nov 30 2019 - 11:59:00 PM|
|Position Title||Volunteer Assessment Review Board Member (ARB)||Posting Type||Volunteer|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Term|
|Department Group||Office of the City Clerk||Hours per Week||N/A|
|Department||Assessment & Taxation||Openings||6|
|Location||City Hall, 4420 50 Avenue|
Term of Position:
Three-year term with potential for reappointment to a maximum of six years.
Board Members are compensated for services performed.
Assessment Review Board Members hear assessment complaints from property owners who are formally disputing a property assessment or other disputable matters on an assessment notice.
- Attend and participate as a member of an Assessment Review Board
- Adjudicate matters based on: the evidence presented and governing legislation
- Attend hearings, receive evidence and argument from the parties and make decisions
- Must find facts and interpret and apply the legislation to every complaint
- Subject to the principles of natural justice and must be free from bias or conflict of interest
- The City’s Assessment Review Boards meet annually if assessment complaints are received
- The Board hears complaints against the assessment of any land, improvements, business or local improvements by the City of Lloydminster
- Other related duties from time to time as required.
Participate in hearings as required.
Specific requirements and qualifications for this position are:
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check.
- Completion of the training set out, or approved by, the Minister of Alberta Municipal Affairs will be considered an asset however, the applicable training will be provided to successful candidates by the City of Lloydminster
- Must be 18 years of age or older and a resident of the City of Lloydminster
- Be impartial
Individuals interested in applying to be an Assessment Review Board Member shall forward their expression of interest in writing including their qualifications by September 30, 2019 to the contact information below. Applications will be reviewed by a subcommittee from the City of Lloydminster. Please contact Scott Pretty, Director, Assessments and Taxation for further information at firstname.lastname@example.org or (780) 875-6184 ext2132.
When applying for a position, please sign in using your account email and password. If you do not already have an account, please click on the “Don’t Have an Account?” link found on the sign in page. Please note that all applicants will need to create an account in order to apply for positions.