Municipal Worker 2 - Arenas
|Open Date||Oct 03 2019 - 02:35:00 PM||Close Date||Oct 10 2019 - 11:59:00 PM|
|Position Title||Municipal Worker 2 - Arenas||Posting Type||Part-Time|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Term|
|Department Group||Community Development Services||Hours per Week||N/A|
|Location||Operations Centre, 6623 52 Street|
|Salary Range||Band 3: $24.32 - $26.73 per hour|
The Municipal Worker 2 is responsible for the operation and maintenance of the Arenas.
Specific duties include:
- Operate the Zamboni edger to maintain ice surfaces.
- Daily custodial duties including operating an automatic floor scrubber.
- Mechanical checks of ice plant, boilers, etc.
- Maintain records relating to facility operations.
- General light maintenance duties, such as painting and construction.
- Participate in building safety inspections and maintain records.
- Report all issues and concerns with equipment, safety, vandalism, and supply stock.
- Learn a basic knowledge of facilities, in order to provide excellent customer service, answering questions or addressing concerns from patrons.
- Communicate with user groups to ensure facility bookings are kept on schedule.
Other related duties as required.
The position is mainly indoors working throughout the facility cleaning and maintaining the ice surface. Some outdoor work such as shoveling snow from exits and property maintenance on occasion. This position requires shift work Monday to Friday primarily from 5:00 am – 8:00 am with the occasional requirement to work outside these standard hours.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Completion of a Level One Arena course is preferred.
- Must be in good physical condition to accommodate long period of standing and lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Capable of operating maintenance equipment and hand tools in an efficient and responsible manner.
- Neat and presentable in appearance.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills to interact with the general public and facility user groups.
- Responsible, reliable, and the ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- A valid Class 5 vehicle operator's license issued in Saskatchewan or Alberta with a clean driving record.
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check.
Proof of qualifications may be required.
When applying for a position, please sign in using your account email and password. If you do not already have an account, please click on the “Don’t Have an Account?” link found on the sign in page. Please note that all applicants will need to create an account in order to apply for positions.