Visitor Service Attendant
|Open Date||Apr 10 2019 - 01:50:00 PM||Close Date||Apr 24 2019 - 11:59:00 PM|
|Position Title||Visitor Service Attendant||Posting Type||Part-Time|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Continuing|
|Department Group||Community Development Services||Hours per Week||N/A|
|Department||Lloydminster Cultural & Science Centre||Openings||1|
|Location||Lloydminster Cultural & Science Centre, 4515 44 Street|
|Salary Range||Band 1: $19.22 - $20.99 per hour|
The Visitor Service Attendant (VSA) supports all operations at the Lloydminster Cultural & Science Centre. The VSA will provide weekend and evening coverage for the front desk, processing retail sales, admissions and bookings/registrations. This position also acts as supports for all programs; setting up the studio for arts classes, communicating with instructors, helping with camps, and leading birthday parties. Further duties include; leading gallery tours of the exhibitions, conducting security checks, and maintain the exhibitions. This position can also be required to assist with special events during weekends, evenings, and holidays. The VSA must be able to tactfully deal with the public and must have effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Assist with programming; including leading programs, leading birthday parties, assisting with special events, and assisting the Recreation Programmers as needed.
- Provide interpretive tours of the Centre.
- Provide front desk coverage; including greeting visitors, processing admissions, answering phone calls, providing general information to guests, processing bookings and registrations, and processing gift shop sales.
- Conduct security checks of the Centre.
- Perform basic cleaning and exhibition maintenance.
- Other related duties as required.
This part-time position works primarily evening and weekend shifts for approximately 15 hours per week and special events as required. Shift work is required.
The successful candidate must possess the following qualifications:
- Previous experience in cash handling and customer service.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proven ability to effectively and tactfully deal with the public.
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check with a Vulnerable Sector Check.
- Proof of qualifications may be required.