Intermediate Accounting Clerk – Capital Assets
|Open Date||May 14 2019 - 01:40:00 PM||Close Date||May 21 2019 - 11:59:00 PM|
|Position Title||Intermediate Accounting Clerk – Capital Assets||Posting Type||Full-Time|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Term|
|Department Group||Chief Financial Officer||Hours per Week||N/A|
|Education||College Diploma||Experience||2 years|
|Location||City Hall, 4420 50 Avenue|
|Salary Range||Band 4: $27.39 - $29.92 per hour|
Reporting to the Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis, the Intermediate Accounting Clerk (Capital Assets) is responsible for a wide range of accounting, asset management, and administrative duties within the Finance team. Other duties may be assigned on occasion and the individual will be expected to provide support to other staff as needed.
Specific responsibilities and duties include:
- Assist with drafting policies related to Capital Assets, Land Development and/or other financial policies.
- Support the implementation of Asset Management Plans by educating staff members on proper policies and procedures, creating standard operating procedures and ensuring standards are maintained.
- Research financial policies in other municipalities and summarize findings for the Manager of Capital Assets to analyze.
- Provide support in refining and maintaining the capital asset register, including data entry of new assets and disposals.
- Review, analyze and reconcile general ledger accounts and draft correcting journal entries as necessary.
- Compile capital asset and lot sale documents for the year-end audit.
- Provide coverage for accounts payable as necessary.
Other related duties as required.
Normal working hours for this position are Monday to Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. with the occasional requirement to work outside these hours.
The successful candidate must possess the following qualifications:
- Post-secondary education in Accounting or Business Administration from a recognized institution is preferred with a minimum of two years’ experience in a related field.
- Experience working with fixed assets or engineering is an asset.
- Must possess strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and Accounting Software.
- Ability to multitask and stay organized.
- Proven ability to maintain a strong attention to detail, maintain accuracy and meet deadlines while working under pressure.
- Strong communication skills and professionalism with the ability to converse both verbally and in written correspondence with all levels of staff, and external stakeholders or partners.
- Must demonstrate a high standard of ethics and confidentiality.
- Able to promote a positive and pleasant culture with pride in the organization.
- Proof of qualifications are required.
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check.