Manager, Emergency Management Organization (EMO)
|Open Date||Jul 24 2019 - 10:43:00 AM||Close Date||Aug 14 2019 - 11:59:00 PM|
|Position Title||Manager, Emergency Management Organization (EMO)||Posting Type||Full-Time|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Continuing|
|Department Group||Office of the City Clerk||Hours per Week||N/A|
|Education||Bachelor's Degree||Experience||3 - 5 years|
|Location||2nd Floor RCMP Building, 5106 44 Street|
|Salary Range||Out-of-Scope, Band 5|
The Manager, EMO is responsible for the coordination and management of all emergency management related activities for the City of Lloydminster. The EMO Manager will conduct hazard and threat assessments, risk management activities and emergency planning in order to prepare the City of Lloydminster’s residents for all emergencies and declared disasters.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Creates and facilitates the City’s emergency management program through public and stakeholder engagement activities.
- Coordinates and directs overall emergency management operations in an emergency to support the emergency site and other supporting sites, including but not limited to Reception and Recovery Centres.
- Oversees and directs the Emergency Operations Centre during activations.
- Leads the City of Lloydminster’s management efforts in preparing, mitigating, preventing, responding to and recovering from all natural, technological (man-made) and intentional threats and hazards impacting City residents, businesses and partners.
- Leads the City in Emergency Management initiatives at both the regional and provincial levels.
- Conducts operational support, planning, training, exercises and community outreach to assist and prepare residents, government agencies, businesses and private/non-profit organizations prior to, during and after a local emergency or declared disaster.
- Creates and maintains effective local, regional and provincial partnerships.
- Prepares and administers the emergency management budget.
- Identifies gaps and necessary improvements related to emergency planning.
- Recruits and trains emergency volunteers; plans, coordinates and delivers public education programs. Coordinates annual training and workshops for staff.
- Creates and facilitates annual community emergency exercises, from table top to full-scale function.
- Chairs and maintains the local emergency management stakeholder group.
- Creates and reports to Council; presents applicable reports as required.
- Other related duties as required.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Post-secondary Degree in Emergency Management from a recognized institution with three to five years’ experience in emergency management planning and response.
- Incident Command System (ICS) Training, level 300 or 400.
- Knowledge of applicable emergency management acts and their implications at a municipal level.
- Knowledge and/or experience with provincial disaster recovery programs.
- Understanding and knowledge of emergency management from a stakeholder perspective including industry, non-profits, education, health and utilities.
- Proven experience in program creation, coordination and facilitation.
- Strong communication skills including written, verbal and ability to speak comfortably in front of elected officials, media in a public setting.
- Proven ability to consistently engage the public and stakeholders in emergency management programs that contribute to greater overall community resiliency.
- Well versed knowledge of Emergency Operations Centre and site response activities as well as experience in emergency/disaster social services.
- Ability to work cooperatively and cohesively with others.
- Proven ability to maintain a high standard of discretion, decision making and ethics.
- Ability to remain calm under stressful periods, problem-solve and respond effectively to emergent situations.
- A valid Class 5 Driver’s License registered in Alberta or Saskatchewan with an acceptable Driver’s Abstract is required. This position may be required to operate a personal or municipal vehicle for business purposes.
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check with a Vulnerable Sector Check.
- Successful applicant must provide proof of qualifications.
The position is office based, normal working hours are Monday to Friday between 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. with the occasional requirement to work outside these standard hours.