Municipal Worker 2 - SSC
|Open Date||Apr 10 2019 - 11:45:00 AM||Close Date||Apr 17 2019 - 11:59:00 PM|
|Position Title||Municipal Worker 2 - SSC||Posting Type||Full-Time|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Term|
|Department Group||Community Development Services||Hours per Week||N/A|
|Department||Servus Sports Centre||Openings||1|
|Location||Servus Sports Centre, 5202 12 Street|
|Salary Range||Band 3: $24.32 - $26.73 per hour|
The Municipal Worker 2 is responsible for the operation and maintenance of the Servus Sports Centre.
Specific duties include:
- Operate the Zamboni to maintain ice surfaces.
- Daily custodial duties.
- Setup and takedown sports equipment for field houses.
- Setup and takedown meeting rooms.
- Mechanical checks of ice plant, boilers, etc.
- Maintain records relating to facility operations.
- General light maintenance duties, such as painting and construction.
- Participate in building safety inspections and maintain records.
- Report all issues and concerns with equipment, safety, vandalism, and supplies.
- Gain a basic knowledge of facilities to provide excellent customer service, answering questions or addressing concerns from patrons.
- Communicate with user groups to ensure facility booking are kept on schedule.
- Other relevant duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Experience operating an ice resurfacing machine is required.
- Completion of a Level One Arena course is preferred.
- Must be in good physical condition to accommodate long period of standing and lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Capable of operating maintenance equipment and hand tools in an efficient and responsible manner.
- Neat and presentable in appearance.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills to interact with the general public and facility user groups.
- Responsible, reliable, and the ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- A valid Class 5 Driver’s License registered in Alberta or Saskatchewan with an acceptable Driver’s Abstract is required. This position may be required to operate a municipal vehicle for business purposes.
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check.