Aerodrome Security Personnel
|Open Date||Aug 30 2019 - 03:59:00 PM||Close Date||Sep 13 2019 - 11:59:00 PM|
|Position Title||Aerodrome Security Personnel||Posting Type||Part-Time|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Continuing|
|Department Group||Operations||Hours per Week||N/A|
Rate of Pay:
Out of Scope: $25.00 - $26.46 per hour
The Aerodrome Security Personnel is responsible for maintaining the security of the sterile passenger loading areas, during the enplaning and deplaning of scheduled carrier flights. Procedures are in accordance with all relevant Transport Canada Canadian Aviation Regulations and Canadian Aviation Security Regulations and Standards.
- Monitor passenger safety during enplaning and deplaning.
- Assist passengers in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Secure the area by ensuring unsterile passengers do not enter sterile zones.
- Administrative reporting and record keeping for safety incidents and breaches of security.
- Other related duties as required.
The successful candidate must possess the following qualifications:
- Possess a valid First Aid & CPR-C Certificate.
- The successful candidates must successfully complete the following training programs:
- Canadian Airport Security Awareness Program.
- Canadian Transport Agency Accessibility for All.
- Lloydminster Airport Security Program.
- Lloydminster Airport Safety Management System.
- Exceptional customer service skills, showing sensitivity, tact, diplomacy, and professionalism.
- A strong work ethic and positive team attitude; punctual, meticulous and diligent.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel with a strong attention to detail.
- Experience as a Security or Peace Officer is considered an asset.
- A valid Class 5 Driver’s License registered in Alberta or Saskatchewan with an acceptable Driver’s Abstract is required. This position may be required to operate a municipal vehicle for business purposes.
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check.
- Successful applicant must provide proof of qualifications.
Normal working hours are Monday to Sunday 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm on a rotation. This position will work a total of 12-14 hours every two weeks with the occasional requirement to work outside these hours.