Visitor Service Attendant
|Open Date||Oct 01 2019 - 01:26:00 PM||Close Date||Oct 15 2019 - 11:59:00 PM|
|Position Title||Visitor Service Attendant||Posting Type||Part-Time|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Continuing|
|Department Group||Community Development Services||Hours per Week||N/A|
|Department||Community Development Services||Openings||1|
|Location||Bioclean Aquatic Centre, 2902 59 Avenue|
|Salary Range||Band 1: $19.22 - $20.99 per hour|
The Visitor Service Attendant is the first point of contact with the Bioclean Aquatic Centre visitors. Knowledgeable and engaging, they play a vital part in ensuring a rewarding visitor experience and in promoting the facilities public programs, events and memberships. Visitor Service Attendants provide exceptional customer service, maintain lobby readiness for visitors, accurately process payments and assist with emergency procedures.
- Provide outstanding customer service to our members and swimmers in person and on the phone.
- Greet, acknowledge, engage and interact with members.
- Create an educational, safe and inviting experience for all participants.
- Initiate, develop and maintain positive relationships with participants.
- Quickly and efficiently respond to member questions, comments, and concerns.
- Provide a safe, clean and organized area.
- Maintain open lines of communication with lifeguards and instructors.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and actions through a display of courtesy, service, cooperation, hospitality, sensitivity, and professionalism to internal and external customers.
- Educate customers on facility rules.
- Process payments for admissions, memberships, merchandise and program registrations.
- Recognize and respond quickly and effectively to emergencies.
- Register participants for programs.
- Other related duties as required.
This part-time position works day, evening and weekend shifts throughout the week and special events as required. Shift work is required.
The successful candidate must possess the following qualifications:
- Previous experience in cash handling and customer service.
- Neat in appearance and in good physical condition.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proven ability to effectively and tactfully deal with the public.
- Possess basic computer skills.
- Valid Standard First Aid & CPR - C certificate is considered an asset.
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check with a Vulnerable Sector Check.
- Proof of qualifications may be required.