Municipal Worker 2 - SSC
|Open Date||Jun 07 2019 - 01:40:00 PM||Close Date||Jun 14 2019 - 11:59:00 PM|
|Position Title||Municipal Worker 2 - SSC||Posting Type||Part-Time|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Continuing|
|Department Group||Community Development Services||Hours per Week||N/A|
|Department||Servus Sports Centre||Openings||1|
|Education||High School||Experience||0 - 1 years|
|Location||Servus Sports Centre, 5202 12 Street|
|Salary Range||Band 3: $24.32 - $26.73 per hour|
The Municipal Worker 2 is responsible for the operation and maintenance of the Servus Sports Centre.
Specific duties include:
- Operate the Zamboni to maintain ice surfaces.
- Daily custodial duties.
- Setup and takedown sports equipment for field houses.
- Setup and takedown meeting rooms.
- Mechanical checks of ice plant, boilers, etc.
- Maintain records relating to facility operations.
- General light maintenance duties, such as painting and construction.
- Participate in building safety inspections and maintain records.
- Report all issues and concerns with equipment, safety, vandalism, and supplies.
- Gain a basic knowledge of facilities, in order to provide excellent customer service, answering questions or addressing concerns from patrons.
- Communicate with user groups to ensure facility booking are kept on schedule.
- Other relevant duties as assigned.
The position works throughout the Servus Sports Centre and is required to work a weekly shift rotation of day, evening and weekend shifts.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Experience operating an ice resurfacing machine is required.
- Completion of a Level One Arena course is preferred.
- Must be in good physical condition to accommodate long period of standing and lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Capable of operating maintenance equipment and hand tools in an efficient and responsible manner.
- Neat and presentable in appearance.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills to interact with the general public and facility user groups.
- Responsible, reliable, and the ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- A valid Class 5 Driver’s License registered in Alberta or Saskatchewan with an acceptable Driver’s Abstract is required. This position may be required to operate a municipal vehicle for business purposes.
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check.
When applying for a position, please sign in using your account email and password. If you do not already have an account, please click on the “Don’t Have an Account?” link found on the sign in page. Please note that all applicants will need to create an account in order to apply for positions.