- Develops a culture where people hold themselves personally accountable for results.
- Ensures resources are directed to support the organization's desired goals and culture.
- Plays a leadership role in shaping the values and culture of the organization by consistently communicating and exemplifying them.
- Serves as a role model in making critical decision that are required to move the organization forward.
- Sets a climate where team and organizational achievements are recognized, rewarded and celebrated.
- Establishes expectations regarding performance and what success looks like.
The PersonQualifications & Experience
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes
- University degree in the field of Chartered Accounting, Commerce, or Business Administration.
- Certified Professional Accounting designation (CA, CGA, or CMA).
- At least 10 years related experience with multiple years of experience and training in management and supervision.
- Knowledge of municipal financial administration and accounting principles and practices;
- Experience and/ or training in municipal administration.
- Knowledge of the Lloydminster Charter and/ or Alberta and Saskatchewan Municipal Legislation would be considered an asset.
In addition to core competencies, the successful candidate is a dynamic, engaged leader who demonstrates the following personal characteristics:Multi-faceted Leadership -
The successful candidate is a skilled strategic and operational leader. The individual is able to move forward employees, teams, and an entire organization to perform at a higher level and to embrace change; works collaboratively with all levels of the City and stakeholders towards a common goal, communicates a compelling vision and is committed to what needs to be done, inspires others, builds motivated, high-performing teams, understands what motivates different people, and knows when and how to lead with influence.Solutions-oriented -
The individual is able to absorb and digest a wide range of variables and perspectives, and condense them down to develop an action oriented plan that will lead to solutions guided by strategic goals.Innovative entrepreneurship -
The successful candidate is able to think outside the box or propose new ideas or suggestions. The individual thrives in an environment where open dialogue, respect and sharing opinions is encouraged and the status quo can be and is challenged.Tactful political astuteness -
This person is comfortable working in a context that interfaces with the political daily and has a keen ability to demonstrate tact and discretion in handling matters of a confidential or politically sensitive nature, and to maintain confidentiality.Communication -
The successful candidate is an expert communicator. As a manager, this person delegates appropriately, develops people by setting and communicating clear goals, providing useful feedback, and holding people accountable. As a representative of the City, this person is comfortable dealing with public/media relations.Service-focused -
The successful candidate approaches work with a foundational spirit of service and fosters this spirit of service at every level, both within the organization and with key stakeholders, levels of government, residents and Council.Pragmatic decision-making and problem-solving -
This person is a grounded, common sense, and practical decision maker. In rising to the challenge of even the toughest and most complex of problems, this person gleans meaning from whatever information is available, and adds personal wisdom and experience to come to the best conclusion and solution. This person uses multiple problem-solving tools and techniques, and can make decisions quickly without hesitation.Compensation
The City of Lloydminster offers consistent working hours that afford a positive quality of life, a competitive salary/benefit package and a relocation allowance.
Further details will be discussed in a personal interview.
For information and to apply please contact:
Ardyce Kouri, Partner, or Sandra McIsaac, Search Associate
501 Fox One
10226 - 104 Street
Edmonton, AB T5J 1B8