Visitor Service Attendant
|Open Date||May 14 2019 - 02:05:00 PM||Close Date||May 21 2019 - 11:59:00 PM|
|Position Title||Visitor Service Attendant||Posting Type||Part-Time|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Continuing|
|Department Group||Community Development Services||Hours per Week||N/A|
|Department||Recreation & Cultural Services||Openings||1|
|Location||Servus Sports Centre, 5202 12 Street|
|Salary Range||Band 1: $19.22 - $20.99 per hour|
The Visitor Service Attendant (VSA) meets, greets, and directs the facilities patrons and visitors, either in person, or by telephone.
- Provide specific recreational information to the general public, including answering questions about programs offered, suggesting appropriate programs for the individual’s needs, explaining rules, regulations, programs fees and schedule to first time users and providing directions as necessary (in person or over the phone).
- Collects money, issues receipts and accounts for all money received.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude through a display of courtesy, service, cooperation, hospitality, sensitivity, and professionalism to patrons.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area.
- Provide back-up for the Activity Leader when needed in Child Minding and Camps.
- Perform a variety of customer service functions, including performing initial greetings, answering and forwarding calls, checking facility users in and out, and issuing passes to various recreational services.
- Maintain schedule for conference room and facilities, including; rental contract tracking, collecting fees, properly recording use on schedule.
- Promote recreation facility and program usage through customer service acting as advocate for usage.
- Exercise initiative and independent thinking in promoting activities and suggesting appropriate services.
- Maintain positive interaction in stressful situations involving customers of all ages.
- Maintain cooperative working relationship with permanent staff, as well as temporary and seasonal staff personnel.
- Use computer programs available, design, publish and edit recreational facility signs and posters material.
- Respond to questions and comments from the public in a timely and courteous manner.
- Communicate and coordinate with appropriate staff members and supervisor to maximize effectiveness and efficiency of interdepartmental operations and activities; writes legibly and orally communicate effectively.
- Operate standard office equipment including copier, fax, filing systems, phones, cash register, and computer; performs duties on computer using spreadsheet and other programs.
- Communicate materials and supplies inventory and maintains organized front desk work environment.
- Receive, sort and distribute incoming and outgoing mail, timecards, and paychecks.
- Sort and file documents and records, maintaining alphabetical, index, and cross-reference files.
- Type, proofread and process a variety of documents including general correspondence.
- Train part time and seasonal staff.
- Other related duties as required.
This position works shifts which may include being on-call. These shifts consist of mornings, days and evenings. The ability to work weekends and evenings is required.
The successful candidate must possess the following qualifications:
- Previous experience in cash handling and customer service.
- Neat in appearance and in good physical condition.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proven ability to effectively and tactfully deal with the public.
- Possess basic computer skills.
- Completion of a valid Standard First Aid–CPR C certificate is considered an asset.
Satisfactory Criminal Record Check with a Vulnerable Sector Check.