Reporting to the Director, Recreation and Cultural Services, the Admin Support 4 is responsible for the administrative and clerical functions related to the department.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide general administrative duties including answering phones, directing the public, ordering supplies, handling inter office mail, inputting data, taking minutes, writing and preparing reports and presentations, and filing.
- Provide admin support coverage within the department.
- Provide excellent customer service by responding to customer needs in a timely, professional, helpful, and courteous manner.
- Create purchase orders and custom work invoicing, obtain proper approvals, and ensure all required documentation is submitted.
- Prepare and distribute agendas, notes, presentations, and other material needed prior to meeting. Record and distribute meeting minutes.
- Arrange meetings, room bookings, and meeting room setup as required.
- Provide support in the creation of procurement documents such as Request for Proposals, Request for Quotes, etc. Assist with proposal process as per the City’s Procurement and Purchasing Policy.
- Assist with project budget tracking.
- Provide support in the creation of policy and procedure documents.
- Summarize project progress reports.
- Establish and maintain a filing structure. Ensure records and information are filed appropriately.
- Provide support formatting documents and maintaining records ensuring a professional and accurate product.
- Assist in the preparation of Council reports and briefing documents, ensuring proper grammar and format are used, and reports are submitted on time.
- Research and prepare clear and concise detailed materials, reports and letters to the Director of Recreation and Cultural Services.
- Prioritize and coordinate the directors schedule, setting priorities and scheduling meetings, avoiding meeting conflicts.
- Ensure timely and accurate follow-up within the service area regarding internal and external issues.
- Demonstrate adaptive knowledge and reliable application of city procedures and policies.
- Assist with monthly purchasing card reconciliation.
- Address concerns, inquiries, and questions as needed.
- Provide training/mentorship to other team members when needed.
- Other related duties as required.
The successful candidate must possess the following qualifications:
- Post-Secondary Diploma (2 years) in, Business Administration or a related discipline with a combined five experience in a related field. Prior experience in recreation or municipality setting considered an asset.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of ethics, discretion and confidentiality.
- Ability to anticipate needs and take initiative.
- Ability to demonstrate professionalism, courtesy, and respect in all interactions.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Outlook. Experience in PowerPoint and SharePoint considered an asset.
- Ability to multitask, stay organized; maintain a strong attention to detail and accuracy and meet deadlines while working under pressure.
- Strong communication skills and professionalism with the ability to converse both verbally and in written correspondence with all levels of staff, and all external stakeholders or partners; ability to communicate clearly and concisely while providing relevant information in person, over-the-phone or by email.
- Must have strong time management skills with the ability to balance changing priorities while maintaining accuracy.
- Ability to work independently and meet stated deadlines.
- Strong conflict resolution skills with the ability to negotiate with the end user to achieve a positive solution while maintaining and building relationships.
- Promotes a positive and pleasant culture with pride in the organization.
The City of Lloydminster is an equal opportunity employer. If you have questions or require further information on this position, please contact us. All applications must be sent to the Employee Relations team and received by the closing date.
HR Generalist, Employee Relations
City of Lloydminster
4420 50 Avenue
Lloydminster AB/SK T9V 0W2
Internal Candidate Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
External Candidates apply at: www.lloydminster.ca/jobs